Tuesday 17 April 2012

To Dom



To: Dominic Amoruso
479 Beaver road, z7r g94
18 November 2004
Dear Dom,
I’ve gotten through most of your notebooks, up to the part where Malachai dies. I don’t know what you’re doing up there, but I know that I won’t be able to get you back here – you’ve obviously decided to cover your tracks well. Everyone here has denied they knew where you are, as well as the people I called over at Northern Ventures. I’m only worried because of your health – surely you can’t get your pills in the north. I’m assuming you’re not in critical condition, since you sent me this post. I can’t tell if what you said is true, but allow me to ask some questions about it anyway.
I was wondering how you were dealing with your migraines and conditions.  I don’t think you can go just go to a drug store and get an aspirin, so I was wondering how you dealt with it. You seem to be experiencing migraines less, as well as having your sinesthesia return somewhat. Is the space in the arctic allowing you to regain stability? If so, that’s good, even if I am concerned about your health all the way up in the middle of nowhere.
I am also intrigued about life in Wolf Cove. It actually seems like there is an interesting history there beneath the “quiet village” appearance. Do you know anything about the history of the place? You know that I enjoy writing stories about the underlife of cities, for instance my article about homeless people in Toronto. I’m interested in the history with Etulu and Malachai as well.
I hope that you’re finding time to occupy yourself and not just moping about. It’s important that you do something constructive rather than just mope over what’s happened. I know that life is tough sometimes, but eventually you just have to move on or else you’ll be forever stuck in the past. You probably feel very guilty about what’s happened but unless you make peace with yourself you’ll never be free. I guess what I’m saying is, you should keep doing what you’re doing if it’s helping you, but not if you’re just hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment